… Well, at least today.
Today, J and G returned to school. While I appreciate the amazing opportunities both of the schools offer the children… It’s fair to say, I hate them going back. I really, truly do… and I’m just counting down the hours until they’re home again. it will get easier – for me and for them (or at least G… J, I’m rather happy to report, was so excited to be going back to school! So much so, he’s even agreed to try the food at his school!)
So, I thought it would be nice to come up with a mini-bucket list of little activities we could do together for autumn…
This is what we’ve got….
- Make art from our beach glass (from Seaham beach…. there used to be a glass factory there and when it closed down, all of the glass got dumped into the sea… so the North East of England is a great place to look for beach glass)
- Decorate pine cones
- Make bird feeders
- Go through our old scarves and repurpose some into a blanket for knitting4Africa
- Go on a nature walk and collect leaves (and anything else we see!)
- Make a leaf picture or learn about the leaves.
- Visit a museum
- Decorate pumpkins
- Throw a Halloween Party
- Get really really muddy on a dog walk.
We’ll update this post from time to time and show you how we did! If you have any suggestions of other stuff we should do, I’d love to hear them!